How To Carry A Camera With Long Lens: Proper Care Tips
Whether you are an amateur or a professional photographer, taking good care of your camera is a must. You should always keep your camera safe. However, keeping it safe doesn’t mean that you’ll keep it in the drawer in your house and rarely use it. Cameras are meant for taking photos both inside and outside and capturing everything through it. Taking good care of cameras, especially those with a long lens, is challenging. It requires effort just by properly carrying it. If you’re one of those who wonder how to carry a camera with a long lens the proper way, then this article is for you.
Carrying a Camera with Long Lens in a Tripod
To prolong its life, you should know how to carry a camera with a long lens. However, carrying a camera with a long lens in a tripod is not an easy task. But then again, following these steps will help you not only carry it properly but also will make carrying easier for you.
- The first step is to make sure that the camera’s body is lined up with its two legs.
- Make sure that it’s balanced on your shoulder.
- The camera should be on the other end of your shoulder while the two legs on the other end.
- Simply pull it down if you need to shoot. Easy peasy!
Carrying a Camera with Long Lens by a Strap
Another way of how to carry a camera with a long lens is carrying it by a strap. The good thing about this is it lessens the weight of the camera and balances it to the weight of your body, compared to carrying it with a tripod. In addition to that, you can add any safety measures on your strap to ensure that your camera is safe. Here’s how:
- To know how to carry a camera with a long lens by a strap, the first thing you have to do is put the strap over your shoulder.
- Hang your lens using the strap.
- You can screw it from the bottom of your camera for safety.
- You can also put a carabiner on the strap to avoid hitting your camera on hard rock.
- You can now go anywhere and capture as many photos as you like.
Taking Photos Has Never Been This Easy!
Keeping your camera safe says a lot about you and how you take good care of the things around you. But it doesn’t mean that you can keep it safe forever because just like any other thing, not everything lasts forever. Still, you can certainly prolong its life. Learning how to carry a camera with a long lens properly, you don’t have to be scared of damaging it when you take your long lens camera outside. Taking photos with your long lens camera has never been this easy! Know more about cameras here!
By: Allan Meyer
It is frustrating to have a new camera lens, and when you have tried to put it on the camera body, the results of the photographs you took did not satisfy you.
By: Leslie Clyde
A lens case is essential in protecting your camera lens. Your camera lenses are one of the most expensive accessories on your camera, so you need to give it so much care and protection.