Cameras can be bulky, but a camera bag can be bulkier. And sometimes we make quick trips that make a camera bag unnecessary and inconvenient. So, if making a convenient fashion statement is important to you, we can show you a fun DIY alternative on how to carry a camera without a bag.
How To Make A Camera Wool Wrap
One of the reasons why a camera bag can be inconvenient is that it attracts unnecessary attention to you. When you’re in an unfamiliar area, this could be a hazard. After all, cameras are valuable.
Here’s how to carry a camera without a bag, with just a bit of protection you need using a wool wrap:
Things you need:
- Your camera
- Wool fabric panels
- Piece of leather
- Step 1 – Trace the dimensions of your camera with a pencil and paper. If your camera has an external lens, you can trace the bottom for the profile and add fabric for the flap.
- Step 2 – Add a fourth of an inch to the traced fabrics to leave room for your camera.
- Step 3 – Cut the paper tracing and use them as a guide to cut your fabric panels.
- Step 4 – Sew the pieces together inside out.
NOTE: Don’t forget to leave openings for your strap.
- Step 5 – Turn the sewn fabric inside out and test the fit with your camera and tighten the areas that seem loose.
- Step 6 – Measure the leather piece, making sure it is long enough to wrap around your camera several times.
- Step 7 – Find an area on the outer part of the fabric to attach your strap with a rivet. Another option would be to sew your straps on the back. It also helps to know how to wear camera strap comfortably so you can design it the way you want.
NOTE: If you do use a rivet, make sure it doesn’t touch any part of your camera to avoid damages.
The result is a stylish, convenient, and non-bulky camera wrap that provides your camera with the right amount of protection for those brief walks. This case is also perfect if you’re finding a way to know how to carry mirrorless camera without the bulky bag. Discover more tips on how to carry your camera bag here!
Reminders For Carrying A Camera Without A Bag
Now that you know how to carry a camera without a bag, these are some simple reminders to keep your camera safe:
- Insure your camera – a lot of camera models are expensive and valuable. It’s good to be on the safe side and insure your camera.
- Keep your camera close and attached to your body – that’s why it’s crucial to have it securely and comfortably strapped to you.
- If your activities are rougher, consider a durable protective gear.
Your reasons for wanting to know how to carry a camera without a bag might be for convenience, fashion, or fun. No matter what it is, you should take out your camera the most comfortable way possible so you can take as many photos as you want.