How To Carry A Mirrorless Camera: DIY Camera Bag
A mirrorless camera is a top choice for most travelers because it comes at a travel-friendly weight and size. But carrying a camera can come at a cost if it isn't durable or safe enough. The best way on how to carry mirrorless camera is through a DIY camera bag. And we're here to teach you how.
An Easy Step-by-step Guide: DIY Camera Bag
Mirrorless cameras come in sleek designs, and it seems like a waste to hide it underneath a plain and bulky camera bag. That's why we will show you a simple DIY, so you know how to carry mirrorless camera with style.
Things you need:
- Bag of your choice (preferably with a flat bottom)
- Foam scraps
- Plastic needlepoint canvas (2 large pieces)
- Recycled white fabric
- Glue gun
- Sewing Machine
- Measuring Tape
- Step 1 - Turn your bag inside out and pull out the lining. Measure your plastic needlepoint canvas against the lining and trim off the necessary excess height.
- Step 2 - Stitch the needlepoint canvas with twine. You can do this if you want to make a long panel that will fit snug into your bag.
- Step 3 - Measure the foam against your canvas.
- Step 4 - Glue your foam together with the canvas.
- Step 5 - Wrap your recycled fabric around the cushion you made out of the canvas and foam.
- Step 6 - Sew your fabric snug around your foamed canvas. The result is a C-shaped foam that fits well into your bag and is the protective foam for your camera.
NOTE: If you feel like your cushion is too tall and the fabric too loose, don't be afraid to remove the fabric, trim the cushion, and redo the sewing. The key is to make it snug and tight enough for your bag.
- Step 7 - Take your new DIY mirrorless camera bag around town for a random shoot.
2 Reasons Why A DIY Camera Bag Is The Best Bag
You might be wondering, is all this effort really the best way to carry a camera? Why not buy a new one? There are several reasons why a DIY camera bag is the best way on how to carry mirrorless camera. Here are a few:
- Low key and under the radar - You don't want a bag that screams you have pricey camera equipment inside, especially when you're traveling alone. Some mirrorless cameras are expensive, and transforming a normal bag into a camera bag will conceal your valuable belongings.
- The right fit - Because it's made for you and by you, it has the most comfortable fit. It doesn't hurt that it suits your personal style either.
Owning a mirrorless camera can be exciting, but it comes with responsibilities. The real test is when you're carrying it around with you. So if you're ever wondering how to carry mirrorless camera the best way possible, trust your gut. You know how to care for your camera best. Check out some tips on how to carry your camera here!
By: Albert Mittle
For fast and super smooth video recording, there are available cameras with excellent 4K functions. This feature makes them expensive, aside from other specs.