How To Live Stream With A Video Camera
A live stream video presents your content in real-time. It allows your audience to post comments while your event, class, or show is ongoing. It also allows the viewers to interact with each other as events unfold. With this, it is said that live streaming creates a community.
Of course, you have to provide a good quality video to keep your audience engaged. One of the most important things that you need to have is a good video source. Scroll on to learn how to live stream with video camera.
Criteria For A Good Live Streaming Camera
You may opt to use high-end cameras or inexpensive ones. However, here are the factors that make any camera suitable for live streaming:
- Clean HDMI output – Your camera should have an option to clear the onscreen data displayed on your viewfinder. Data usually displayed are exposure setting, recording status and recording time, battery level, and more.
- Your camera must not be prone to overheating
- Your camera should not turn off after long periods of recording
There several online reviews to help you choose the best camera for youtube live streaming. You can buy a new one or make use of any video camera you have, as long as it meets the above-mentioned criteria.
Steps On How To Live Stream With A Video Camera
To successfully live stream your videos, you need reliable video and audio sources, high-speed internet connectivity, and a live streaming app installed on your PC. To use your video camera, make sure that you have an HDMI interface unit or HDMI capture card.
The HDMI interface unit or HDMI capture card will get your video feed from your camera into the computer.
Here are the steps to live stream camera to computer:
- Plug your camera into the HDMI interface unit using the correct ports and cables.
- Connect the HDMI interface unit to your PC.
- Connect your audio source directly to the camera to sync your audio and video perfectly.
- Open the live streaming software.
- Select the video source, which is your camera.
- Start streaming.
There may be some delay between audio and video if you are using a microphone that is not connected to the camera itself. If you cannot directly connect your audio source to your camera, you may adjust the audio delay using the live streaming app. Adjust the delay to sync the audio with the video feed.
Forging an online community requires more than a quality video and audio feed. But it surely helps to make the most of the gadgets that you have. Now, you also know how to live stream using video camera.
Above all the tech stuff, make sure that your content is engaging and relevant for your audience. This way, you don’t only create a large following, but also a community.