Dubbed as America’s number one home security system, the Arlo Camera system has been one of the most famous and trusted brands used for home surveillance and protection services. However, do you have any idea how to mount Arlo camera outside? Considering that home security is not limited to the insides of your house, it is also important to have security cameras directed outside. This is for you to have a better view of the conditions of your overall property. So how do you properly mount and secure your Arlo camera to watch your front door and back yard?
What Is Arlo?
Before we even go through how to mount Arlo camera outside, let us first discuss what is Arlo and why it is dominating the home security system industry in America. As mentioned earlier, the Arlo Camera System is dubbed as the country’s best and is primarily known for its superb Smart-home compatibility and flexible and quality devices. With a wide range of home security products, Arlo produces top-notch security cameras and video doorbells that are further developed each day.
Types of Arlo Cameras
Now that we know what the Arlo Home Security System is, it is time to check the different types of security cameras do Arlo has in the market nowadays. Here are some of the brand’s most notable products commonly used as security and surveillance camera indoors and outdoors.
Considered as the most basic Arlo security camera, the brand’s first-ever device can record at 720p resolution with a considerably wide enough viewing angle reaching up to 110-degrees. Unfortunately, this budget model does not have an audio recording feature nor a two-way communication system.
- Arlo Pro
The Arlo Pro is an upgraded model that still plays at 720p resolution but includes two-way communication that allows you to speak with the person in front of the camera.
- Arlo Pro 2
An upgrade from the Arlo Pro, the Arlo Pro 2 now records at a higher video quality of 1080p and a relatively wider viewing angle of 130-degrees. Aside from that, it also comes with sound and advanced motion detection sensors, two-way audio, and video recording capacity.
- Arlo Ultra
The Arlo Ultra is one of the first models to support UHD 4K video resolution that comes with enhanced light vision capacity and a 180-degree wide field of view. Furthermore, this model comes with an integrated motion-activated spotlight.
- Arlo Go
Considering that the Arlo brand is primarily known for its Smart-home compatibility and wireless connectivity, the Arlo Go is another step forward and innovative device that allows wireless connection using LTE instead of Wi-Fi. Suitable for outdoor installation, this device runs absolutely wire-free and is also rechargeable and weather resistant.
How To Mount an Arlo Camera
After taking note of the different kinds of Arlo home security cameras, it is time to learn how to mount Arlo camera outside to better protect and secure your home. One notable thing about Arlo security cameras is that it requires mounting hardware to be installed onto a wall. Generally, Arlo wall mounts can either be a magnetic wall mount or a security mount. A security mount features a screw-on design while magnetic wall mounts use magnetic technology that allows you to mount your device practically anywhere.
- To start mounting your Arlo camera outside, determine whether or not your device is suitable for outdoor use. Generally, most Arlo cameras are built to last outdoors with their weatherproof enclosures and design. However, some devices, such as the Arlo Q, are meant for indoor use only.
- Determine what kind of wall mount you would like to use as your mounting hardware. Ideally, a screw-on wall mount is better than a magnetic wall mount as it helps secure the device onto the mount and avoid the risk of it being stolen or accidentally knocked off. However, if you prefer a magnetic wall mount, simply place the mount up high and out of reach to keep it safe from thieves.
- When installing the wall mount, make sure to check all the viewing angles of the camera to ensure that you are able to maximize the maximum field of view the device has to offer.
- Once securely attached to the wall, simply screw the camera onto the mount to finish installing your Arlo camera outside.
Things To Consider When Buying an Arlo Camera
While Arlo is widely considered to be the best, there are still several things that you should consider when buying an Arlo for your home security system.
- Battery Life. Aside from knowing how to mount Arlo camera outside, it is also important to know how to keep the device running at all times despite being wire free. Considering that most Arlo cameras run wire-free, it is important to consider the camera’s battery life. This is to make sure that your house is guarded every time and that you are prepared to do the necessary steps to keep it that way. Generally, battery-run devices last depending on your usage. So, it is better to simply have a spare battery ready whenever the device needs changing.
- Subscriptions . Another important aspect of any home security system is the subscriptions that come with it. While most security cameras have base features that allow the device to record audio and video captures by the camera, it is limited either by a storage cap or by time range. Subscribing to Arlo’s Smart Plan offers advanced features such as cloud storage, intelligent alerts and notifications, and more.
As mentioned earlier, Arlo is one of the leading brands when it comes to home security systems. Considering that Arlo devices run wire-free and are Smart-home compatible, there is no question why more and more people are investing in Arlo home security devices despite being notably expensive compared to its competitors. And now that you know how to mount Arlo camera outside, there is no other reason stopping you from securing every inch of your home with Arlo’s superior home security system. Find out more about Arlo cameras.