The new iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max offer more unique features that set them at a higher standard than their predecessors for many enthusiasts. The modifications aim to give users a better camera experience. The camera app, specifically, works differently compared to other iOS phones. Many users may not know how to turn flash on iPhone 11 camera.
Most devices, including older models of iOS, only require you to tap on the FLASH button located on the top part of your screen when you open the camera app. You have the option to turn it ON, OFF, or set it in AUTO mode. However, on iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max, you won’t find the ON button. That means you don’t have the option to turn on flash whenever you want to.
Enabling Flash ON Mode
A flash button is normally used to get more precise and crisp details on pictures. Especially in low-light conditions, the flash mode can help you get better shots. So if you’re wondering how to turn flash on iPhone 11 camera, below are very simple and straightforward tips for doing so.
The first thing to understand about the camera app is that the icon in the corner of your screen allows you to switch from OFF and AUTO modes only. To Enable Flash ON, here’s what you need to do:
- Open your Camera App.
- On the viewfinder, swipe UP to reveal more controls. In case you accidentally touch the screen and showed the exposition control, swipe RIGHT on the mode switch bar to shoe advanced camera control options.
- Once you have the advanced camera options, tap the flash settings icon, which looks like a lightning strike. Doing so will allow you the AUTO, OFF, and ON buttons.
- Tap the ON button to force-enable the flash.
After successfully completing the steps on how to turn flash on iPhone 11 camera, you’ll have your flash-enabled no matter what the lighting conditions are. However, since your app does not save flash-related settings, you need to do the steps above every time to launch your camera app.
When to Turn ON Camera Flash
The advanced technology in smartphones, specifically in iOS devices, is designed to adjust accordingly, depending on light conditions. That means you won’t necessarily need to manually do it. The intelligent system will determine the need to use the flash option or not. This system is so advanced that you even might not really need your flash mode anymore. The camera has the capacity to adjust the settings and give you a clear and crisp photo.
Most users prefer raw photos without the flash. The glaring light of a flash tends to make picture lifeless and flat. Others, especially for portrait photography, also like the normal light conditions that give a natural filter to the pictures. Yet, if you are interested in photography, you might want to do some experiments to better capture moments, thus, the need for a flash. After learning how to turn flash on iphone 11 camera, let’s take a look at some scenarios where you might need to enable the flash mode on your camera:
- If you are in a poorly lit room, yet you need to take a picture of small objects, turning the flash on might help.
- If you need to take a picture of texts, like that of a receipt of other documents, a flash can definitely give you better details.
- When doing selfies in a dark room, turn on your flash, and you’ll have great and dramatic pictures. Taking fun shots of kids running around will also work best with a flash.
- When you what to take a picture that might be against natural light, turning the flash on can let you do so successfully.
When to Turn ON Camera Flash
As mentioned above, turning on the flash mode might destroy the natural beauty of your pictures. Thus, try to avoid turning your flash on when:
- If you are into creative and artistic photo-shoots, try to avoid using flash.
- Do not use flash for portraits of people.
- Pictures used for advertisements look better without flash.
- Using flash in a large area with natural light is useless.
With technology, photography is now as easy as a few taps on your phone. High-end phones can even mimic the quality of a standard photography camera. You just need to choose the right settings for the kind of outcome you are aiming for.
For iOS users, the unique and new camera set-up might seem confusing at first. But the straightforward steps we’ve presented above can help you on how to turn flash on iPhone 11 camera. Now, you can control how you want your pictures to be. Know more about iPhone 11 cameras.