With the emergence of modern laptops from Macbooks, Matepads, and Chromebooks, additional features like camera use have also become a little more fun and complex. In this article, we’re going to teach you how to use a camera on Chromebook and check some of the tricks we can use with its camera application.
A Step-by-Step Guide: How To Take A Picture On A Chromebook
Using a Chromebook camera is a fun and simple process. Here are some simple steps on how to use camera on Chromebook:
Step 1 – Locate the launcher on your screen.
Step 2 – Select the camera application and select an option. From the options, you will see the options photo, video, and square.
Step 3 – Choose the option you would like to use.
Step 4 – Experiment with the other options in your camera application.
Other Options on your Chromebook
Using the camera is a simple process, but other options are available to make the camera more fun for you. Here are some options in your Chromebook that you can experiment with:
- Settings option – In this option, you can change the grid’s size, adjust the timer, and change camera resolution.
- Mirror – Have you ever heard of the saying that you look more beautiful in the mirror? We don’t have to agree with this, but some shots look a tad cuter when you flip your selfie.
- Grid – This option is for straightening photos that are just slightly crooked.
- Switch cameras – Switch from selfie to non-selfie mode using this option. This option is available if your Chromebook has two built-in cameras or if you attach an external camera to your device.
- Timer – We always want a little prep time before a photo is taken. Set the timer for a little styling before that snap.
- Volume buttons – In tablet mode, the buttons also function as buttons for taking photos for convenience.
- Record and capture – Press the shutter button so you can capture stills while recording a video.
- Pause – While recording a video, you can pause the video and resume to create clean cuts in between takes.
- Edit – This option is for cropping, rotating your photo, or making minor edits to the photo.
Learning how to use a camera on Chromebook is easy, and all it takes is some fun experimentation. But the tricks don’t stop there. Your Chromebook has so many other fun features to offer. And we will show you some of them in the next section.
Fun Tips And Tricks You Can Use On Your Chromebook
Because people embrace Chromebooks, you’ll need a few tricks up your sleeve to enjoy the experience.
- Clean up your Chromebook with Powerwash.
If you need to start with a clean slate on your Chromebook, including removing your Google account, all you need to do is go to settings and type Powerwash on the search bar. Click on Powerwash and wait for your computer to complete a reboot.
- Take screenshots with your Chromebook.
Part of learning how to use a camera on a Chromebook is learning a simple screenshot trick in your device. All you need to do is press the control and task switching keys so you can capture the interesting images on your screen.
- Personalize the taskbar position.
Although your taskbar’s standard location is at the bottom of your screen, you can set it to the left or right side, depending on your preference.
- Enjoy the Chromebook freebies.
Your Chromebook comes with several perks you can enjoy, like free trials for streaming services, online storage space, and camera application memberships.
- Learn the keyboard shortcuts in just one go.
By just pressing the Ctrl and Alt keys, you will see the different keyboard functions and shortcuts on your Chromebook. If you need to brush up on them or learn them by heart, it’s just two keys away.
- Increase storage by attaching an SD card.
If you need more space in your Chromebook, and you don’t want the hassle of an upgrade yet, all you need to do is slip microSD or a standard SD card in one of the slots for an instant storage upgrade.
- Access your hidden files and folders.
Sometimes it’s a hassle searching for hidden files and folders in your device, but with the Chromebook, all you need to do is press the Ctrl key and (.) period together to reveal them.
- Look at all your open windows altogether.
Just like in a MAC, A Chromebook provides an overview mode for all your open windows. All you need is to press the task switching keys, and you’ll get the same effect as Expose in Mac.
Benefits Of A Chromebook
A Chromebook generally performs better than Mac and Windows operating systems because it is lightweight and doesn’t require too much power for smooth functions. These are some of the benefits of a Chromebook:
- Boots faster
- Longer battery life
- Thin and light
- Has a lightweight operating system
- User-friendly systems
Because it isn’t as popular as the other two operating systems, some applications are not compatible yet. But when it does come around, it will be a force to be reckoned with. A Chromebook also needs connectivity for most of its features, which may not be well-suited for other individuals.
Learning how to use a camera on Chromebook is simple and fun, but there are other features In a Chromebook that’s worth learning. If you ever find yourself wondering how to make the most of your device, check their website for more information, and enjoy the process. Find out more about Chromebook cameras.