What Does A Fisheye Camera Lens Do? - A Closer Look
Photography is a great career. It may not be an easy task but definitely an extraordinary job. As a photographer, you need to be creative, resourceful, and have a different perspective about the things around you. However, having these traits is not enough. You need to have the right equipment to capture great moments and produce eye-catching photos. That is why great photographers use different devices, and one of those is a fisheye camera lens. What does a fisheye camera lens do? Read to find out.
There are many types of lenses a photographer must have. Yet, many photographers often invest in fisheye lens, which produces a unique output because of the optical distortions it makes. To find out more about what does a fisheye camera lens do, you must know its other uses:
- Creates Fun Images – Because of the distortion it makes, the fisheye camera lens can make fun and quirky images when you try to use humans as your subject. It can make your subject look weird and fun to look at, at the same time. Another good thing about this is you don't need to go somewhere and make an effort to have a unique shot. You can focus on your subject and adjust it to how distorted you want the image to be.
- Creates Bird's Eye View – Another use of a fisheye camera lens is it creates a bird's eye view. You just need to go to someplace high, on top of a skyscraper, perhaps, and make the greatest bird's eye view.
- Creates Great Composition – Fisheye lens works very well with round shapes. You'll be amazed by the image you'll get using this. You should try it on the curved edges of a building or in the city. The composition it creates is limitless.
- Portraits – Aside from creating distorted images, what does a fisheye camera lens do? You can definitely use it to create a portrait. However, people don't like the idea of creating a portrait using a fisheye camera lens because of the distortion it makes. But then again, you can try to use it with a toddler. It will enhance the toddler's eyes and will produce an adorable image.
- Creativity – Using a fisheye camera lens gives you never-ending possibilities. You can use it in natural landscapes and even in the city. You can point it upwards or downwards, whichever you like. It just requires your creative and unique thinking on how to shoot things with this type of lens.
Knowing what does a fisheye camera lens do gives you an edge over other photographers. Having one might be a great advantage. But then again, it is important that you have a passion for photography because it will reflect on your output. This will make you distinct over the others.