How To Use Blink Camera: Setting Up Your Camera
Do you want to secure your house? Do you always want to see what is happening with your family inside your home? Blink camera is an expert in home security surveillance. This kind of camera is a great starter pack in adding more security to your life and family.
Blink camera is perfect as a basic home security camera, and if you only need light video surveillance. This type of camera is pretty cheap, unlike other expensive home security cameras with great features and free data storage. If you want to try the Blink Camera, but you don't know how to use blink camera and set it up, here is a simple and easy guide for you.
What is Blink Camera?
Before you proceed with how to use blink camera, you should know what is a blink camera first and its types.
Blink camera is a wireless and battery-powered home security camera. Blink camera can be placed anywhere inside your home or depending on its type. Blink camera normally features a two-way audio and night vision. Once you have this camera, you can be connected with your family, and you can monitor what is happening in your home, wherever you are.
If you want to learn how to use blink camera, you should know its two types. Blink camera is categorized as blink outdoor and blink indoor. Although the difference between the two is self-explanatory, I would still want to give you a brief overview of blink outdoor and blink indoor.
- Blink Camera for Outdoor - You know that not all home security camera can stand the storms or heavy rain. The good thing about the blink outdoor is it can surpass any weather to protect your home inside and out, rain or shine. Some blink outdoor features two-way audio, motion detection, and more.
- Blink Camera for Indoor - Blink camera for indoor is a security camera you can place inside your home. It features night vision and two-way audio. It helps you stay connected with your family and monitor what is happening inside your house, wherever you are, day and night.
Steps on How to Use a Blink Camera
Setting up a blink camera is super easy and hassle-free. You will perform three important steps to set up your blink camera. Follow these steps to learn how to use blink camera and how you can set them up.
Blink Camera App Installation
- Download the free application from your blink camera provider or update the application to the latest version.
- Launch the application and create an account.
- To create an account, you have to choose your region first. It is important to choose your proper region to determine that your systems will connect to the right server. Then tap OK to proceed to the next step.
- Input your email address, then click Next.
- Enter your password in both password fields, and then tap Create Account. Make sure to follow the password requirements listed on the screen.
- Verify your email address. Follow the instructions based on the link sent to your email to verify. Once your email is verified, proceed to the next step.
Adding Your Blink Camera to the Application
- On the home screen of the Blink Camera application, tap the add button to begin.
- Choose the Blink wireless camera system option. A QR code screen displays.
- Scan the device's QR code, or you can manually enter the serial number displayed on your device.
- Enter the desired name of your system, such as "Room" or "Home." Tap Done. A screen that instructs you to plug in your camera appears. Once it happens, tap the Discover Device. Then a screen that prompts you to join the Wi-Fi Network displays.
- Tap Join and select the Wi-Fi network that is the same as your existing system. You will receive a message saying that the Sync Module is successfully added.
Adding Your Camera(s)
- On the home screen of the Blink Camera application, tap the add button to begin. A QR code screen displays.
- Scan the QR code sticker of the device found inside the back cover. Once the serial number is recognized, a camera onboarding screen will display. When the setup is successful, tap Done.
- Tap the camera name to rename it. Enter the new name of your camera, and then tap OK to save the changes. You can also change the thumbnail icon if you want. Tap the thumbnail icon to choose the new thumbnail image. Refresh the thumbnail to display the new thumbnail.
- If you want to add more cameras, repeat the steps above.
These steps may differ depending on your blink camera provider or manufacturer. You can follow the instructions on how to use blink camera written in the user manual of your blink camera. You can also watch video tutorials if needed.
Learning how to use blink camera is pretty easy and simple. All you need to do is to follow the instructions correctly to prevent trouble and issues. After you set up the blink camera either outdoor or indoor, you can now monitor your home wherever you are, day and night, rain or shine. Here's how to learn more about blink cameras.
By: Tony Bruschel
Blink Cameras are the known smart security cameras that move its market into a better model. It may be a new security camera, but many could justify how good is its functionality.